By Kathryn M.
After stints as a welding shop, manufacturing plant, and event venue, the Huron Substation seeks a new owner.
Los Angeles’s Huron Substation has undergone several reincarnations since its conception in 1908. Designed by Edward S. Cobb, it was originally a station for converting electricity needed to power the city’s Yellow Car trolleys. After it was sold in the late 1950s, the station was transformed into a welding shop, then a manufacturing plant. Today, the landmark designated as Los Angeles Cultural Monument No. 404 is a multipurpose venue for filming, photoshoots, weddings, and other events.