By Neal J. Leitereg
This Swiss Chalet-style Craftsman in Riverside’s Mount Rubidoux Historic District was built in 1909 for Harwood Hall, the first director of the Sherman Indian Institute, an off-reservation boarding school for Native Americans that later became Sherman Indian High School.
Past the covered front porch, the restored landmark shows off the natural beauty of wood with an interior awash in Oregon pine. Leaded glass windows and a brick fireplace in the living room enhance the original woodwork. A hidden paneled bar in the basement is a new addition.
To read the full article visit their website here.